7.08.2010

Whirlwind Week Recap & Banana Muffin YumYums!

Hello all! It seems like my posts are few and far between. This one is no different. I am so happy, though, that I can take a few moments each day to keep up to date on the fabulous blogs I follow. You all truly inspire me in the kitchen, for sure. I've been trying out lots of new recipes lately (all coming from some wonderful blogs out there). I will post pics and recipes and where I got them soon.

Life here has been super busy!!! It's pretty much been a whirl wind of a week, but a wonderful one at that. This is one of my favorite times of year. This week was obviously 4th of July for us Americans and then...on the 6th, Rocky and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. Since we both had work to do that day on various projects we celebrated it in passing, but will officially celebrate it together on a night without the young sprouts soon.

And...on the 7th our youngest sprout turned 3! Yep, she was born on 7/7/07 and she was three days early. The years have flown by all too quickly. Where's that pause button when you need it,right? Lol.  We will have a small get together with family on the 11th to celebrate!! On the morning of her birthday, I made yummy vegan banana muffins which turned out soooo lovely! Our tastebuds danced!

THREE CANDLE BLOW-OUT

Next time I won't add as much sugar, as the bananas are a great sweetener. Maybe drop the sugar by half next time is what I will do. Here's the recipe: The Best Banana Muffins Ever


FROM VEGWEB.COM
Ingredients (use vegan versions):

    2 tablespoons unsalted vegan soy butter
    2 heaping tablespoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
    2 very large ripe bananas
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup dry oats
    1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    pinch of salt
    walnuts or carob chips, optional

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Put the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a pan on a low heat to melt, then remove and set aside for a few minutes.

Mash the bananas and, in another bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Don't over mix: just stir a couple of times; you will have a not terribly attractive lumpy sludge, but don't worry about it.

Fill the muffin trays about two-thirds full of mixture. Put in the oven and cook about 25 minutes. Leave in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack for another 5-10 minutes or until cool.

Enjoy the recipe!! It is really great!!

Serves: 24 mini size or 10 full size

Preparation time: 15 minutes


When these were done in the oven I sprinkled them with chia seeds, as I am chia-seed obsessed. They added a great crunch to the finished goodness! 


Later that evening we headed to Chester Frost Park. This is a very nice place with a nice little beach...the water was so nice and warm.


SAND CASTLE TIME




Rocky tried my raw pasta for the first time...first time I made it so, obviously...first time he tried it. ;-) And YAY...he liked it!! Hmm...the recipe?? It was super easy. I do not currently own a spirlizer YET so I used a carrot peeler and shredded a zucchini squash..topped that with marinara sauce (will soon be homemade sauce once my tomatoes in my garden start coming in and can't wait for that!!). That's it. I will get fancier with it, but I'm was happy as so were the kids and the hubby! 


ABOUT TO EAT



HELLO, RAW PASTA!


Sorry the picture doesn't really show the goodness of the pasta...it was pack and go and no time for a food photo shoot. ;-)
Have you ever made raw pasta? What's your favorite recipe? I'd love to learn new recipes! Please tell Kell..




Blogger Templates

5 comments:

  1. MMMM, love banana bread so this has to be a winner. What a doll you have! I don't have a spiralizer either so I just use a mandolin. Love using zucchini or Japanese eggplant as pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we think she's pretty cute, too (of course we are a bit on the biased side as parents, right?;-)
    And eggplant...I've never thought to use that for raw pasta! I will have to try that soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog here!
    I love your passion for eating healthy & spreading it into your family lives! Yay!

    *~God Bless

    Looking forward to reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Abigail! I am loving your blog as well! It will surely become a favorite of mine! It is so refreshing to see someone who is so on fire for the Lord as well as living healthfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I also share a passion for holistic wellness and healthy living. I'm so glad to see another mom who didn't give her little one sugar laden cake on her birthday! One of my boys has a unique birth date like your daughter's, it's 9/8/98.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate YOUR happy, loving comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails