Hello all! Well, yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day...beautiful weather, beautiful company. Yep, like I said...beautiful day.
The Hubster left on a motorcycle trip with a friend of ours so, it was just "Little Sprouts" and me..fun times were had hiking up and down our long driveway (it's tucked back in the woods and is winding and steep so it's fun and great exercise). Also, a trip to the park was enjoyed by all. My sister and her adorable kids met us at the park. My sister's kids, who, are currently taking gymnastics at the elementary school, taught me how to do a back bend. Yes, I never took gymnastics in school...and honestly, I feel I missed out! Watch out gymnastics world...here I come. Ha! Sadly no pictures are currently available on my grand back bend. But, I rocked it!! ;-)
I recently received some soy candles to review from the fabulous company, Soy Candles by Phebes. Oh wow! What an experience! Let me first say that I absolutely adore candles. In fact, Fall seems to scream for candles to be lit and enjoyed. Anyone else agree with me on this?
So, I was thrilled when Soy Candles by Phebes offered to send me two of their candles and two tarts to sample. Let me first state that these are soy candles and soy is truly the best candle in my opinion! Soy candles simply burn cleaner, are longer lasting, and are soot free. Score!!
Some good-to-know facts about Soy Candles by Phebes...in case you were curious.
- The candles are made in Atlanta, GA.
- Each candle is hand poured at the time of order.
- Only essential oils and premium plant derived fragrance oils are used.
- Over 90 scents available (some with just down right awesome names, too!) (I'm a sucker for names)
- Packaging is eco-friendly.
- Soy wax is 100 % US grown.
- Candle jars are glass and can be re-used after candle is gone.
- Candles come in one size (8.5 oz) and one color (natural).
- Each candle is only $12.99, which is very reasonable...trust me I've done the research. ;-)
- Made to Order.
- Never tested on animals.
- Free from man made chemicals.
- Braided cotton lead free wicks.
- Phthalate Free
- Strong smelling (in a good way).
- Earth Friendly.
- Free Shipping on orders over $25.
So, the two candles I was graciously sent to try were Ginger Bergamot and Red Current. Both of these scents are outstanding! I have tried my fair share of soy candles over the course of my life and can say that I love these best. The smell from the candle fills up a room perfectly. I didn't have to stick my head right above the candle and risk burning the tip of my nose to get a good whiff. The Ginger Bergamot was lovely..perfect ginger aromas filled my kitchen. My nose was happy (and not just because it avoided being burned). ;-)
The Red Current scent rocked! This scent seemed to be even stronger than the Ginger, which I like my candles strong so I was very happy with this scent.
The two tarts scents I received was Vanilla Pear and Butt Naked. Yes, those are some naked bums pictured on the Butt Naked tart packaging. Creative, heh?
Vanilla Pear smelled so good I almost wanted to eat it at times. It was lovely!! The Butt Naked was out-of-this-world fresh and clean smelling. As if I just emerged from the shower. I'd definitely want to have Butt Naked burning after getting home from mountain biking in mud (I love mud fun). Just the smell would make me think clean, fresh thoughts. ;-)
A few scents that I am wanting to try just because they sound so unique:
- Eat it Raw (for the raw vegan me)
- Coco-Loco (for my crazy love of coconuts)
- Hippie Christmas (this one just sounds super interesting!)
***Buy 3 Candles Get 1 free for Kisses from a Coconut Readers!!***
Simply say you found Soy Candles by Soy Candles by Phebes on Kisses from a Coconut blog, as well as what scent you would like in the free text area of your order.
Now onto my FIRST giveaway! In honor of my birthday being in November and to the generosity of the kind folks over at Soy Candles by Phebes ..I am hosting my first ever giveaway! I'm super excited! One lucky reader of Kisses from a Coconut is going to win 2 soy candles (a $26.00 value).
To enter you must first follow my blog and then visit Soy Candles by Phebes website, browse around, then tell me in a comment what scents you would like to win most. (1 entry)
1. Follow me on Twitter (@coconutkelly). (1 entry)
2. Tweet about the giveaway. Leave a direct link to the tweet in a comment. (Please make sure to include @coconutkelly in tweet) You can do this daily. (1 entry)
3. Publicly follow 'Kisses from a Coconut' with Google Friend Connect. (1 entry)
4. Subscribe to Kisses from a Coconut in a reader. (1 entry)
5. Blog about this giveaway on your blog with a link back to my site. (5 entries)
6. Subscribe via email to Kisses from a Coconut & then confirm that subscription (don't worry..I rarely blog everyday). (2 entries)
7. Add Kisses from a Coconut to your blogroll with a link back to me. (1 entry)
Giveaway ends on Sunday, November 14th.
*Winner will be randomly chosen using a random.org number generator. Must be 18+ years old to enter. Giveaway only open to U.S. entries only. Winners will be contacted via email and posted in this post when confirmed. Winner will have 48 hours to confirm before a new winner is randomly chosen. Please leave your email address in your comment if your Blogger profile is not public (so I can reach you if you win).
Many thanks to Soy Candles by Phebes for sending me some samples to try out and also for offering two candles for a giveaway! I'm sure my readers will be so thankful!
So, seriously...you don't want to miss out on these candles! They rock! I love them and want to buy some ASAP! Fall and candles just go happily together. Kind of like peanut butter and apples...don't you think?
Have fun trick-or-treating, dressing up, satisfying that sweet tooth, spending time with cutely dressed kids, and all that other jazz tonight! ;-) Be safe!!