1.13.2011

Coconut Secret: A Review

Hello all! I hope everyone's 2011 has been off to a great start!

We are settling into the swing of things in Gulf Shores, Alabama. It is a lovely place. Lots to do...and well, it's a tad bit warmer than it is in Chattanooga right now and that's just fine with me!! Chattanooga (as many places have been) has seen LOTS of snow, and though I think snow is rad, I don't like it when I can't leave my driveway for too many days. So...the Gulf Coast is proving to be lovely.

I have realized that because I have been without internet for awhile as well as being so busy with life, that I have fallen behind on many of the posts I need to get to. So, I will be playing catch up for some time to come.

One of the areas I have fallen behind and will quickly work on getting caught up is in the area of product reviews. Oh, I love to review products and am kicking myself that I have not been able to get the reviews for the products up quicker. So...on to the review of the day (can't promise a review a day, but it sure would be nice if I had that kind of time lately). ;-)

I gratefully received a package from the fabulous people at Coconut Secret. They sent me three incredible products that I am thrilled I had the opportunity to sample. I will be buying these products in the future when I run out.



First off we have the Raw Coconut Aminos  (left): This was amazing! I used it in stir-fries, on potato wedges, as well as a marinade for tempeh. The flavor is fabulous! I have been a long time user of Bragg's Amino Acids and found that I could easily switch to this instead. Great product!
For more info see HERE.

Next we have the Raw Coconut Crystals  (middle): Yummy! One word says it all! I use this in pancakes and anything else that calls for sugar. It is a much healthier (and much tastier in my opinion) alternative to refined white sugar!
For more info see HERE.

And Finally...we have the Raw Coconut Nectar (right): I used this as I would honey. This is so yummy over oatmeal or overnight oats, as well as in tea! The flavor is very tasty! The possibilities are really endless with this product. I have lots more experimenting to do with this and I am super bummed that it didn't make it in the box to go to Gulf Shores. I will have to make a trip back home sometime to get it, for sure. ;-)
For more info see HERE.

I like how all of these products are raw as well as vegan, and gluten free! Like I said...the box containing a couple of these goodies did not end up in my kitchen here in Gulf Shores, and that makes me sad. I must really do something about that.

Have you tried Coconut Secret products yet? What are your favorites products? Any recipes you'd be willing to share using these products?

Peace & Love,
Kelly

P.S The above products were sent to me free of charge to sample and review for the blog. The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. I wouldn't have it any other way! 

6 comments:

  1. i've been using those coconut aminos. They are so great! Love cooking with them. Thanks for the other reviews too. I might pick up that sweetner now.
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Coconut Secret products. I made some raw s'mores and a spring roll dipping sauce with the samples they sent me :) http://almostveganblog.com/2010/08/16/review-coconut-secret-spring-rolls-raw-s%E2%80%99mores/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...we love Coconut Secret in our house! We use the aminos A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I just discovered coconut oil recently; I use it on my dry skin. I also just found your blog via your comment at Tea's. ♥ I loved your bio, and I'm excited to learn more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, thanks for stopping by! I stopped by your blog and love what I see! I will be back, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/16/2011

    oh WOW, coconut nectar!? i didn't even know they made that. it sounds absolutely divine. i'm going to have to look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate YOUR happy, loving comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails