2.27.2011

Exercise as of Lately..

Hello all!!! Long time no post... ;-)

I love group fitness...oh how I love it! I love everything about it: from the friendships made within the classes, knowing that you and everyone else in the class are working hard and towards a variety of goals, to the motivation that comes from being in a group fitness class.

Spinning: one of my favorite group fitness classes



I used to teach aerobics classes, and look forward to getting back into that. Until then I enjoy being a part of a class. It truly keeps me going.

Now, don't get me wrong...I am self motivated when it comes to exercise. If I miss too many days I feel it..whether it be my mood, sleeping habits, so on..I feel it. And it isn't pretty. I can get pretty irritable without my exercise. An unexercised Kelly, is a moody Kelly. ;-)

I, currently, do not belong to a gym...so, sadly, no group fitness classes for me *tear*, but that's okay...lately, I have been well, kind of tired and exhausted (read why here soon) but what I do have available to me in the apartment complex where we are staying at for awhile, is a pretty nifty fitness center with cardio machines and weight machines. I like the cardio machines, especially when it is too cold to exercise outside. I am personally more of a free weights fan, myself. We brought those with us...so, I can leave the weight machines to the other users...granted at 5:30 in the morning there is not a large number of people working out with me, anyhow.

An issue I have encountered lately, which is sadly causing a decline in my exercise level, is low iron. Yep, the dreaded anemia strikes again. Once a month I get hit by the iron sucking period. Period. Oh, okay...some of you may not want to hear this. Sorry. Close eyes now if need be...the flow is pretty heavy. Not sure why..I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I have had children, as my period does increase with each child..thankfully I only have two, and thus am still alive. ;-)

So...I have been drinking liquid chlorophyll (doesn't get much greener than that, folks) as often as I can to help with anemia. Anyone else try this method? Meanwhile...while I am zapped of energy, I am also bummed...bummed that I do not have the energy to exercise like I would like to. In addition to the liquid chlorophyll I have been trying to drink green smoothies daily (love).

Oh, one other thing I will try to help with the anemia is ulsulphured blackstrap molasses. It is quite nutritious. I have also heard that it helps with gray hair,too (I believe that is due to the copper it contains). This would be a nice bonus....help with those pesky random grays and an anemia treatment..I'd take it. ;-) Any of you use blackstrap molasses for any of those reasons?

When I bounce back, which I am faithful I will...I will resume:
-running,  lots more weight training, and a serious ab routine (oh, I love ab workouts!!!, really!)
oh, and will also be getting serious about starting up this:
http://hundredpushups.com/
anyone else doing this??

Also...will be doing lots more workouts with Zuzana over at http://www.bodyrock.tv/. She has amazing workouts, which I love!

And...last but certainly not least..If I can manage to get a copy of the Beach Body's P90X exercise dvd's I will get to work on those, too. When I taught fitness classes in the past I incorporated many of the routines from this awesome program into my class. We saw amazing results! At that point, I had borrowed the program from a friend...it's due time to own it myself, don't you think? ;-)

So...that is what I have been up to exercise wise. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things with exercise. I miss it, but when my anemia is pretty bad I have to be careful with how much exercise I do. I tend to over exercise anyway so, this sort of helps balance me out, I suppose. ;-)

health & happiness,
kelly

4 comments:

  1. I am a free weights gal too. Sorry to hear about the anemia. I can't imagine what it must be like to not have the energy to do what you enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have iron issues too. I blogged about some of the ideas people gave me. I heard Dr. Cousins say that chlorphyll and spirulina can bind to iron and take them out. Which I never would have guessed. I have been taking VegIron supplement, Angstrom Iron (which Kirsten Suzanne recommended) and lots of nettle tea. Among iron-rich veggie foods like pumpkin seeds and such. Never hear about molasses and gray hair, but I'll recommend it to some folks I know. :-) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bitt, thanks for the info..I have never heard that before about the chlorophyll. thanks! i will have to do more research on that.

    also...thanks for letting me know about a good iron supplement. will be checking that one out,too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to do the hundred pushups program for a while now. I need an incentive to tone my upper body.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate YOUR happy, loving comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails