3.30.2011

Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil Hair Treatment {Review}

I have mentioned before that I love all natural hair treatments...So natural, in fact, that I use the no-poo method for cleaning my hair (which I love, btw)...I also use apple cider vinegar for a conditioning rinse and if needed I love a smidge of shea butter...and my new personal favorite...

I have reviewed Tropical Tradtions products in the past and was delighted to be able to try this product. It did not disappoint! My hair is happy!!




This coconut oil was specifically created to be used as a hair treament, in fact, it has a good deal of protein in it and is super nice on the hair. I, for one, tend to have dry hair and this has been so helpful!

My favorite way to use this is to put a touch of it in the palms of my hands, rub my hands together and then apply it to my hair after I get out of the shower. It makes my hair so smooth, and helps tame my (by nature wild) mane.

I have noticed an increase in the amount of shine in my hair since using this product. Yay! That is something that is somewhat difficult for me to obtain, so I am thankful!

I also have reaped the benefits from smothering my hair in it, wrapping it up for about 30 minutes, and then washing it out. Lovely softness!

Plus, I love the coconutty smell...like a day at the beach. (Well, thankfully since we live at the beach for the next three months this happens often, but you know what I mean).

Oh...and another thing that I love about this product is that a little goes along way. Really, one bottle would last for quite awhile, which makes me smile!

So...I totally recommend this product! 

This is just one way that I incorporate natural products as a way of "beautifying" myself. I am so happy not to be smothering myself in chemicals..I've been there, done that..and I prefer it more natural. See this post I did not too long ago on just how many chemicals lurk in unsuspecting products..

Have you ever used coconut oil in your hair? What are your favorite ways to use it in your hair?

Have a fabulous, coconutty day!

Better get a move on...much to do and so little time to do it.

-kelly

Please note that Tropical Traditions provided me with this product to try and review, but I was under zero obligation to write a favorable review. The thoughts expressed within this review are my thoughts, and mine alone...naturally, I would have it no other way. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails