5.20.2010

Special Delivery: Dark Chocolates and Chia Seeds..Oh Yeah!


Okay, so let's say I purchase an item online and it arrives in the mail..yep I get all giddy and honestly it feels as if it is my birthday or something. Well, this past week I received two items in the mail. One package contained some delicious dark chocolate from XOCAI (www.thechocolateanswer.com).
I came across Rick, an independent distributor for this company on another site (for the life of me I can't recall the name of the site) discussing the benefits of eating dark chocolate. I was delighted that he offered to send me a sampling of the chocolate goodness. I was impressed and I highly recommend this chocolate. Needless to say this sampling did not stick around for long.
I've got my eyes on other brands of dark chocolate (looking for the most affordable and best tasting, yet without losing any important nutrition this special treat could deliver. I am not opposed to enjoying a small square of dark chocolate daily. It makes me happy. ;-)  I'm sure I will post my thoughts on those other brands when my taste buds take a spin on those...

Here are some links with info on some of the benefits of eating dark chocolate in moderation.

http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongnutrition/p/chocolate.htm
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate



Yum!


The next package contained 12 lbs of chia seeds from www.chiaseedsdirect.com. I was quite impressed with their prompt shipping and get this...free shipping! I can easily live with free shipping, especially since I love ordering online whenever possible. Being a mother to two kids under the age of five this is so wonderful! The chia seeds are also so fresh! I was pleased that not only would I be getting free shipping, but they were on sale..oh yeah, score! I will definitely be ordering from them again, but my guess is it won't be for awhile because we did just order 12 lbs..but, since I use them so often they will probably go quickly!

So, in case you aren't aware of all the health benefits of those chi chi chi chia seeds...well, here are a few links to feast your eyes upon:





So do you all get excited when you get special packages in the mail? What are your favorite things to get? Also, do you like dark chocolate? If so, what is your favorite brand? I'm open to suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE getting things in the mail & I LOVE dark chocolate!! I haven't tried any high dollar chocolate, but for the money, Dove dark chocolate is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...Wow, thanks for reminding me-I haven't had Dove dark chocolate in ages. MUST get some soon! It was always one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate YOUR happy, loving comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails