While in Gatlinburg, a friend's boyfriend made some yummy guacamole! Seriously I could bathe in it! All week long whenever I thought about the guacamole my mouth would water..I go nuts for avocados and cilantro! Put em' both together and I go crazy! Yummyyyyyy!!
Here is what it looked like before it was devoured by all!
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- half an onion
- 1 clove garlic, graded
- lemon/lime juice, fresh
- sea salt
- a dash or two of nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- a pinch of dulse flakes (optional) (you may want to decrease the salt if you decide to add this)
- Run the tomato, cilantro and onion in food processor.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Enjoy with crackers, tortilla chips, raw veggies, or bread.
Interesting Link from NPR on 'Avocados: What's in a Name':
Another Link on the benefits of eating avocados: